[Public-list] Atomic 4

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Sat Sep 25 08:31:10 PDT 2004

you might take this event as an opportunity to consider going to an
electronic ignition system. I understand that they are quite reliable.
Moyer Marine sells one that is reaonably priced and effective. The only
problem I had with it was that on some units the tolerances are very,
very tight and you may have to "loosen" the tolerances just a little  to
make things fit perfectly. A round file, if I remember, does the job
very well.  I had to discover this by experience. The actual
installation is quite simple and can be done by non-mechanic - like me,
for instance.

>>> todd.redhead at sympatico.ca 9/25/2004 10:53:40 AM >>>
Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me if there are auto parts that will fit the ignition
system
on the A4?  I have the older style Prestolite ignition system.  I am
looking
specifically for the rotor and cap - mine failed last night while
trying to
get in.  As there was no wind - I had to be towed in.  I am hoping to
match
up a GM - AC Delco type part for these.  I already have the GM
equivalent
parts for the points and condenser.

Thanks,

Todd