[Public-list] Lexan or Acrylic ?

David Timmins dtimmins at alberg.ca
Mon Sep 27 14:17:15 PDT 2004

  Thanks everyone for your input, looks like a even split
between the two materials. I have posted a sampling of
your comments to the Alberg 22 Group. They can draw
their own conclusions and chose the material that they feel
most comfortable using.
A ban saw is defiantly the tool of choice when cutting acrylic
When a full sized sheet has to be ripped, I've noticed my guys
raising the table saw blade to it's full height to help dissipate
the heat.
I think that I have this group to thank for the "three tape" method
of bedding... pretty sure I read it here.
I used that system with great success when bedding my
port-lights and again, more recently, while re-bedding all my deck
hardware during
Elusive's refit.
If I'm mistaken about the source of this information , let me know and
I'll
post it... saved me from getting silicone and bedding material over
everything.
David Timmins
Elusive AL 22