[Public-list] Rudder Repair - New Method - Advice Welcome

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Wed Sep 29 09:58:57 PDT 2004

I don't see why you would not use epoxy to repair fiberglass or wood
issues. On a little website at http://www.redrockstore.com/resin.htm I
found the following quote about epoxy vs vinylester resins.

"Quality epoxy resins stick to other materials with 2,000-p.s.i. vs. only
500-p.s.i. for vinylester resins and less for polyesters."

If you are going to repair the rudder definitely, definitely use epoxy.

As for the rest of the job, the boat is a tleast 30 years old. Repair the
failure to original spec. You cant loose by this route.

--
C.B. Currier
Infinity #57