[Public-list] Prop nut clearance

richard.hazlegrove at wachovia.com richard.hazlegrove at wachovia.com
Wed Apr 20 05:30:02 PDT 2005

I am planning to replace the Hurth transmission on Quest and am
considering doing it myself with the boat in the water.  One of the major
considerations however is how much room I have to slide the shaft aft with
the prop and zinc still attached.  I probably need to create several
inches of clearance at the coupling in order to pull the transmission
spline out of the engine.  With the rudder at centerline I probably only
have about an inch of clearance.  Can anybody recall or even look at the
rudder setup and tell me how much additional clearance I can create aft of
the prop nut with the rudder hard over.  Any help would be much
appreciated.

Richard Hazlegrove
Quest #433
Mobjack Bay, VA.