[Public-list] Original gatevalve sizes

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Apr 3 15:12:51 PDT 2005

Hello Jack!

I must have forgotten that you are so close!  Where in the yard is your
boat?  Mine is wintering to the right (coming in from the road) along the
cedar hedge.  We have a blue Bayfield 32 beside us - same colour scheme as
ours but what a diff! (wide and shallow vs narrow and deep)  We sail in the
summer out of Midland Bay Sailing Club.

Yes, I got the valves from St Amant - nice people.  I will gladly show you
what we have done when we can both be there at the same time.  Maybe it
would be very advantageous to do two boats - I would prefer to bring someone
like Dennis Fernis or Robin McKie up than, well, I like to deal with
surveyors who I feel know at least as much about the boats and their systems
as I do.

I am going over seas to shoot a documentary Monday but will be back April
14.  (this one is about survival techniques in life rafts)

We hope to launch two or three weeks after that.  My plan was to do the
survey once the through hulls and some wiring work was done.  Let's talk, do
you mind waiting until after my trip?

Gord #426 Surprise