[Public-list] Original gatevalve sizes

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Sun Apr 3 15:26:49 PDT 2005

Jack,

Back on topic, could one mate a bronze thru-hull with a brass ball-valve
with some semblance of expectations of safety/durability?

I am not sure of the thread in Canada, in the US the answer is no. The
threads are different and do not mate exactly. Also a few years back, Apollo
had issues with using brass vs. bronze/chrome plated balls in their valves.

I like Buck as a manufacturer, the entire assembly is bronze with the
exception of the handle.

Stephen