[Public-list] Stripping Varnish and applying Cetol

Meinhold, Michael J MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Mon Apr 4 08:44:18 PDT 2005

My coamings were so deeply weathered that the heat gun and scraping left
most of the old finish in the grooves.  I had to sand to get to it.  Got the
starboard side back on last night, and boy do I hate working with caulk! It
gets everywhere, and it was almost impossible to get the caulk of the coated
teak without marring the finish.

A follow-up on adding a short extension to the exhaust - I was able to get
rid of most of the exhaust stain with repeated applications of FSR. I ended
up using a chrome-plated bronze household drain extension, and used
polysulphide caulk to hold it in. We'll see how it stands up.

Mike
Rinn Duin #272