[Public-list] Solar Vent

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Wed Apr 13 09:56:41 PDT 2005

I put a solar vent on the lazarette behind the tiller - I think it is a great idea - recommend it highly. It helps keep the bilge area free of any unwanted fumes, etc.

>>> bydel at bellsouth.net 04/12/05 10:57 AM >>>
I put a Nicro Vent in the forward hatch. It is a great help in controlling
temp and moisture in the cabin.
I am thinking of putting a second solar powered vent in to the lazaret hatch
behind the tiller. The vents come with 2 fans you can either install the one
that pulls the air out or the one that pulls fresh air in.
I thought that if I had the forward fan pulling air in and the one in the
stern pull it out it would help the entire boat. I would need to keep the
engine compartment slide cracked to allow air flow.

Any thoughts??

Bill
SallyB  @441