[Public-list] Two vs.] 3 bladed prop

Jonathan Whittingham whittle at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 13 14:01:44 PDT 2005

Dear Listers,
               On a related topic. I have just replaced my old Atomic4
(Any buyers for parts?)  with a Mini 26 Sole diesel. It has a Forward
and  Reverse gear. Apparently, (I have yet to fire it up) the engine
rotation is opposite to the Atomic. I have been told that I must buy the
opposite prop also. Being a thrifty type, I am wondering what would be
the problem in running the engine in reverse to get forward momentum on
a continuous basis and vice-versa for reverse. Any comments
appreciated.Jonathan Whittingham