[Public-list] Two vs.] 3 bladed prop

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 13 14:21:51 PDT 2005

Hi -

I would be interested in some parts off your A4, depending on its vintage,
condition, and price.

I would be interested in the flame arrestor & bracket off the carb,
especially if it is the newer aluminum/zinc/pot metal carb (as opposed to
cast iron).

I could use a GOOD exhaust manifold.  Preferably the older (pre-1970 type).
If it is the newer type, I might still be interested but need to explore
what other parts I would need to make it fit my motor.

I might also be interested in the following, depending on price - i.e. if no
one else wants them & you are willing to bundle & sell them cheap enough:
- carb (what type?)
- water pump (what brand?)
- alternator and/or regulator, especially if the older motorola unit
- any gages/instrument panels - give me details.  Some of my gages have died
& I have added seperate ones in various places but would love to have a
single simple panel again.
- thermostat housing if older style

Anyway, let me know.  On your question, I would suggest sellling the prop
off your A4 (if it is in good shape) & buying a used replacement, I think
you will be a lot happier.  Many motors have a different reduction in
reverse than forward (like your A4 did).

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229