[Public-list] Venting

Roger L Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Mon Apr 18 06:29:35 PDT 2005

Thanks Jim, I get it now.

Roger

> Roger wrote
> "Jim,
> What is the source of the "make up air" in your set up?  IE, where does
the
> you are exhausting out of the cowl vents aft come from?
> Roger"
>
> Roger
> No boat is air tight.  Fresh air enters through many places and the fans
draw from the bilge and engine room.  The air is pulled through the cockpit
lockers and into the lazzerette by the fans.  This air is then expelled
through the vents on the quarters.  Several bonus points with this: engine
heat pulled away from the cabin, air movement in cockpit lockers controls
mildew also in the cabin.  Add in the fans are cheap and move quite a bit of
air (cheaper and more powerful than the pretty "solar vents")

> Jim Davis
> S/V Isa Lei
> CT 35
>

> If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most
revolutionary reversal of his record we have ever known.