[Public-list] Boot Stripe Height

Roger L Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Tue Aug 2 07:34:24 PDT 2005

Stephen,

A question RE the boot stripe.  I found the original boot stripe lines
scribed in the hull which are definitely lower than the one I removed.  The
section at the stern is about 10" wide.  Because I want to emphasize
freeboard height (to me, the after cabin height relative to the freeboard
amidships is a little tall) I would like to locate the new boot stripe as
low as possible but, is sounds like it will be underwater if I use the
original location.  Dose anyone know how much higher I need to place it so
the entire stripe is out of the water when the boat is "at rest?"  I know it
depends on how much junk is on board but I abandoned plans for the onboard
Jacuzzi so I think she will be loaded only slightly more than one of those
hot shot racing boats.

Roger

Roger Kingsland
Managing Partner