[Public-list] inflatable tender

Mpete53 at aol.com Mpete53 at aol.com
Fri Aug 12 06:24:48 PDT 2005

Roger

I have a 6 hp Johnson which is not a light engine. I hang the engine on the
stern pulpit when off the dink. I have found that the moving of the engine on
the large boat is not the problem, it is getting it onto the dink. I have
solved this problem by using a block and tackle (an old 4 part boom vang with a
cam cleat on it) fastened to the end of the boom and to a lifting bridal on
the engine. I attach the engine to the tackle and lift it over the lifelines
and  let it hang over the side then slowly lower it onto the dink.

With the add of my 13 year old daughter guiding the engine onto  the transom,
the job goes quickly and easliy.

Mark