[Public-list] opening ports

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Mon Aug 15 10:21:56 PDT 2005

I have checked with Mariner's Hardware about custom fitted opening ports. They can provide white colored aluminium frames with one or two sliding windows and rounded corners - the overall shape is rectangular. I guestimated measurements from my boat. I would not commit to anything unless the windows were out and I could measure exactly.

The price for a v-berth port is $327.81. The price for a salon port is $466.99. Both these prices are discounted 15% from the normal price and the offer is good for a month. I am trying to help them see that ports are a winter time purchase.

Two questions:

1. Anyone interested?

2. What sort of discounts have we gotten in past group purchases? I would like to think we could do better.