[Public-list] Reefing point: Inner Forestay

David Fisher liquid_addiction at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 26 02:11:13 PDT 2005

For the moment I'm working on getting a cruising fund together, working as a
curator in an inland(!) town, but eventually, yes that's my plan.  I hope to
move aboard at the beginning of next year and will work at a boat yard and
sort out my boat at the same time.  I'm thinking I'll start off North this
time next year or a little later, sit out the cyclone season somewhere on
the Aussie coast and then get up to PNG, where I plan to study for a while.
Not definite on any of the plans yet, though; the first thing is just to get
on board...

Kalitsah (440) started out in Victoria (the one on your side of the world).
A young couple Brian and Colleen sailed her across to Australia, arriving in
2001.  Since then I've had her up and down the coast between Sydney and
Brisbane a few times (600 miles, I guess), but nothing offshore yet.  The
waters around Sydney are so lovely, I'm hard pressed to leave.

Incidentally, as an advertisment for this side of things, Australia is
bloody great for cruising!  If any Albergers are planning a a cruise here,
or if anyone is travelling this way without a boat, I'd love to meet up.

Cheers John,
David
Kalitsah 440
Sydney