[Public-list] freshwater tank question

Kristofer Coward kris at melon.org
Sat Dec 3 18:05:12 PST 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 03:16:19PM -0500, John Birch wrote:
> When we did ours we used a Freud brand Plug cutter bit and inserted new
> plugs when done - you will need to do both inside and outside hand rails as
> they are bolted through. Drill carefully with the plug cutter so as to not
> hit the bolt and wreck the bit. Do not be tempted to use a drill bit as you
> will be unable to use the Freud bit afterwards to properly do the hole.

I'm looking at doing a little galley remodeling (trting to accomodate
a propane oven) and was wondering if the edging on the counters is
plugs over screws, or dowelling. If it's the latter, is it terribly
damaging to remove it with a drill bit (i.e. should I use a plug cutter
on it anyway)?

On a different note, most of the screws in my cabinetry are square
drive; I'm up in Canada, where drivers for these screws are abundant
and plentiful, but can't help wondering how American Albergers fare
with these.

Cheers,
Kris
#583 Candy Cane