[Public-list] Sharp 12v TV question

richard.hazlegrove at wachovia.com richard.hazlegrove at wachovia.com
Mon Dec 5 07:29:07 PST 2005

As much as I am embarrassed to admit it,  I have the same Sharp 13" LCD TV
mounted on a cantilever bracket on the bulkhead aft of the icebox/chart
table.  I use it mainly for evening news and radar weather coverage during
summer Chesapeake cruises.  It's connected to a small cheap auto DVD
player hidden in a cabinet so my wife can watch an occasional movie when
we're stuck for bad weather.

Both the TV and dvd player are connected to a dedicated 12v circuit from
the panel.  The TV comes with the 120v plug attached to a black box that
converts from 120v to 12v.  It is actually a 12v TV.  The other end of the
cord has a electronic female plug that attaches to the back of the TV.
Rather than cut the plug off of this arrangement,  I went to Radio Shack
and matched the little female plug.  It works fine running directly on 12
volts.  My amp-meter shows it draws about 2 1/2 amps.