[Public-list] Re: cockjpit coamings

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Tue Dec 27 14:01:57 PST 2005

      I have had my coamings off several times to refinish them with no
problems at all. Freeing them from the sealant was the hardest part, but
not too difficult. All of the nuts on the back side are accessible -
some more than others. In replacing those coamings I think getting the
bolt holes in the right places EXACXTLY would be the most challenging
part of the  job. My coamings have no cracks. (The cockpit seats however
have been more of a cracking problem.)

Gordon White, Brigadoon II

(Incidentally, Brigadoon I was a 34 ft wooden Tancook schooner that I'd
dearly love to have now, but I could not afford the maintenance on a
wooden boat.)