[Public-list] Solar Panel/televisoins on board

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 3 16:34:56 PST 2005

George Lies

Mike Lehman
~~~_/)_/)~~_/)~~~

----Original Message Follows----
From: dan walker <dsailormon at yahoo.com>
To: Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all <public-list at alberg30.org>
Subject: Re: [Public-list] Solar Panel/televisoins on board
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 16:06:11 -0800 (PST)

well at least you are watching football and not "Reality Shows" so i
personally will give you a break
   besides you keep lipstick in the cockpit and blame trish. dinwiddie says
it really is for you
dan
Mike Lehman <sail_505 at hotmail.com> wrote:
   I have a 55 amp altenator on my Universal diesel. I too, find that
running
the engine approx 20 minutes will top the batteries off. I always do one
battery at a time to prevent battery #1 trickling over to #2 or vise-versa.
Generally I get 5 years from my conventional batteries. They are deep cycle,
but not gel cell. I watch football games while at anchor on my 13" color TV
and usually 2 games in a row. No battery problems. OKAY - you can give me
shit now for having a TV on board - everyone else does.

Mike Lehman