[Public-list] RE: Wave Action Bilge pump

Robert Kirk isobar at bcpl.net
Wed Dec 7 23:18:13 PST 2005

Ross... The hose connects to the bottom of the pump cylinder and the bilge
water discharges from the top of the pump which is still just below the
water surface.

No risk of siphoning because the high point of the suction tube is well
above the waterline. I route the suction tube from the bottom of the pump,
up into one of the vent cowls on the lazarette (the highest elevation),
thence down thru the lazarette into the bilge. The total head is about 4 feet.

Bob