[Public-list] Opening Ports

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Sat Dec 10 11:47:37 PST 2005

I do not know who Davey is, but I found some excellent bronze  opening
ports for the v-berth at Whitewater Marine Hardware. On my boat they fit
right in the holes the previous ports were in - no cutting and no
filling required, though one might want to do a little just to make them
fit very tight. The the person to talk to is curtis wallace.  They have
comparable ones for the salon but those definitely require filling.
There is an article in the July 2001 Good Old Boat that describes this
process - the work was done by a man who owned an alberg 30 and was a HS
shop teacher for 30 years. A article in the current Good Old Boat gives
fuller description of the filling process than what was in the earlier
article.

They can be found at

White Water Marine Hardware
13663 Automobile Bouldevard
Clearwater, Florida, 33733

or e-mail at wwmhardward at aol.com   I am skeptical of the last "d" the
address. Seems like it ought to be an   "e" where there is a "d" so
there might be a typo in what I got on the internet. Maybe not, of
course.

I will send you some pictures to your personal address. The pixel
setting I used produced photos that were too big for the web site.

>>> av8rtrb at verizon.net 12/03/05 5:18 PM >>>
If you are still involved with  Davey, I am trying to find some nice
bronze opening ports, and would like to know what is available.
Tom Bailey
St Pete, FL