[Public-list] Mast Finish Question

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Sat Dec 17 17:30:01 PST 2005

Hi Andrew,

How fussy are you? :)

Stargazer's mast and boom had the archetypal grey, worn, old anodized
finish. I didn't want to spend thousands on a sprayed on finish, or go to that  much
trouble to paint the mast myself. I sanded the mast, starting with 100  grit,
and ending with 220. Then I rolled on two coats of Rustoleum. Really. It
looked great. Three years later, it still looks great. There are dings where my
reefing blocks bang the aft end of the boom, but any sprayed on finish would
ding there as well. I used the yellow West System rollers. I find they stand
up  to the thicker Rustoleum paint.

Lee
Stargazer #255

In a message dated 12/16/2005 8:40:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,