[Public-list] More Cockpit Coamings

John Boor 5thseason at canada.com
Mon Dec 19 06:53:03 PST 2005

> Peter;
I too had some splits in my coamings, I used two soultions
the first for minor cracks was to just fill with epoxy.
Since I was going to stain the coaming a mahogany colour the
deeper cracks were filled with an epoxy and teak sanding
dust mixed together, this gave a dark brown finish that
blended well with the mahogany stain finish.  After filling
and staining I then used West system UV protected epoxy over
the coaming and finished with many coats of varnish.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380