[Public-list] Re: boat names

Meinhold, Michael J MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Mon Dec 19 07:06:40 PST 2005

I like to think that I can , with 85% accuracy, identify a boat as power or
sail based on its name.
My daughter Rachel loves to test me as we cruise (under power) into a new
marina.
Anything classical sounding or foreign sounding is a sailboat - Resolute,
Andante, Rinn Duin
Anything with "wind" or "breeze" in the name of course is a sailboat.
Most names that are encapsulated jokes are powerboats.
You can skirt the edge between power and sail with women's names, and with
agressive names that racing sailors might like.

Mike
Rinn Duin #272