[Public-list] Plexiglass in Sliding Hatch?

bydel bydel at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 27 06:32:06 PST 2005

Pete,
I am sorry, but did not think to take pictures of the project.
The Lexan is 1/4", I weigh about 200 pounds and there is very little flex
when I stand on the slide.
We did rout out a recess so that the lexan is flush with the slide and has
about 1/8" to 3/16" room at the edge. The 1/8" spacer, that I found at the
hardware store is round and the screw goes through it. It is under the lexan
above the routed out shelf. I filled that space with sealant, let it set up
and then tightened the fasteners. That gave me what amounts to a 1" wide by
1/8" thick gasket.
The finished project (in my opinion) looks pretty professional and not at
all jury rigged or home made.

Bill