[Public-list] Cockpit Coamings and Companionway Cover

Meinhold, Michael J MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Tue Feb 22 07:31:05 PST 2005

I am refinishing and repairing the companionway slider. Can anyone reccomend
a technique for refilling the spaces between the boards? I am concerned that
the sealants are designed for new construction where it can cover the mating
surfaces. Will Sikaflex get in there well enough to hold on and seal?

I removed the cockpit coamings. Can anyone reccomend what sealant to use and
where to put it?
Should I just apply it along the edges after the coamings are back on?

Mike Meinhold
Rinn Duin #272