[Public-list] diesel engine

Richard Mair fullkeel2000 at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 2 16:39:43 PST 2005

We have a Renault RC8D engine. This is a single cyl 8
hp diesel. Two blade 13 in prop(i forget the pitch).
On flat water we get just under 6 knots.We usually run
it at about 5 knots if the wind dies and we have to
get home..If there is wind it stays shut down. Used
1/2 the 12 gal. tank for the season using the boat
every weekend and on wednesday night racing    Richard
                                                  ---