[Public-list] diesel engine

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Wed Feb 2 17:02:08 PST 2005

We have a Yanmar 13 hp and see the same as other folks for performance and
fuel usage. Will the 11 hp push an Alberg, sure it will. The other question
is what type of gear reduction did Universal use with this motor.

Lee what is the hp of the Volvo currently in your Alberg? This will give you
some type of comparison from the Volvo which is X hp to an 11 hp. IMHO from
reading about boats similar in size such as a Baba 30, the prop on the
Alberg could be larger than what we have for a diesel application, taking
into account when the boat was designed the spec was an A4 or Grey with much
more horsepower. It would be great if we could put a 14 inch machine pitch
wheel on this boat, it would take quite a lot of work with limited payback.

Stephen