[Public-list] diesel engine

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Feb 3 08:11:17 PST 2005

Very articulate, Don.

In my own case, I would not go to diesel except in order to extend range
when I go on the big voyage.  And when that happens, it may well be more
economical and less trouble to buy a diesel with a boat around it than a
diesel to put into my boat!  I have thought long and hard about a second
fuel tank which I may put into the starboard cockpit locker.  I figure that
if I only use it on trips the weight won't bother us too much when racing.

Cheers - Gord #426 Surprise

PS I just got back to the office from putting down the deposit on an Awlgrip
job on old Surprise.  What an indulgence but what the heck, yesterday was my
birthday.