[Public-list] Gas Fuel Tank

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Mon Feb 14 18:49:25 PST 2005

> I realize that storage space will be lost in the locker. Is there any any
> problem with access to the engine instrument panel with the tank located
> here? Is the gas gauge sensor accessible? Is it possible to use a dip
> stick to measure fuel level?

My boat is pre liner, I'm not sure if yours is also. The 18 gal. tank lays
right up against the outer hull, I don't feel there is any usable storage
space lost, especially compared to the original (on Checkmate it was also in
the STBD locker). No problem with access to the instrument panel. I think
there is a mechanical float guage on the tank I have, it's not viewable, but
the original fuel fill (on deck) lines up almost exactly with the neck of
the tank, I use a stick-no problem. I have the deck fill mounted on a teak
block, I can't remember why I did that- I did change the assembly to one
that reads diesel, and actually I like the hole being elevated above deck
level.

Michael Grosh
#220 Checkmate