[Public-list] Facit fuel pump problem

Daniel Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Wed Feb 9 12:10:21 PST 2005

Brian,

Oh boy... I think I recognize *that* problem. Facit was taken over some
(5 or maybe even 10 or more) years ago, and in the first year or 2 had
quality control problems.

For 2 years my A-4 would quit unpredeictably, and one day I was talking
to Don Moyer about something else and I mentioned this and he told me
about their quality problem. That was at least 5 years ago, and by all
accounts the new Facit pumps are fine. I'd be leery of getting one off
EBay on the chance it had the intermittent problem.

It is an important safety consideration that electric fuel pumps,
*espcially* with gas engines, have an oil pressure cutoff switch to keep
you from getting a bilge full of gasoline if a line breaks or a float
gets stuck... Some people are opposed to electric fuel pumps for gas in
boats, in principle.

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY