[Public-list] Re: battery chargers

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sun Jan 2 17:53:42 PST 2005

There are instruments that can warn you if your shore power is hooked up
so the grounds are reversed. Many boats have a buzzer so if they come
into a marina that is wired opposite to their boat they get a warning.
After I wired my pier, not knowing any better,  a friend with such a
warning tied up here and the buzzer went off. I switched the white and
green leads in the pier wiring and solved the problem. I use an
inexpensive marine charger that is on all the time and when my zinc was
replaced last spring after two years + it really did not need to be changed.

Gordon White, Brigadoon II