[Public-list] Re: buying an older Alberg

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sat Jan 15 10:27:07 PST 2005

In my opinion the older, pre-liner, boats are better than the newer
ones, though there were a few upgrades that were nice. I like being
better able to get at the hull and other accessibility features of older
boats (like mine, # 275)  . Also, I think  there are fewer blister
problems on the older boats (not that Albergs in general have as many
blisters as newer boats.) Of course if a boat has been alowed to go to
ruin, the years do count, still, my  37 year old Alberg is  in  pretty
fine shape and maintenance in general has been reasonable.

- Gordon White, Brigadoon II