[Public-list] Solo around the world

Patty J Timbuktu5555 at webtv.net
Sat Jan 15 18:58:49 PST 2005

I don't know if any of you are keeping tabs on the Vendee Globe race or
Ellen Macarthy's solo race for the fastest solo in a 75' trimarand
around the world, but I have been.  Wow!  I've also been reading Joshua
Slocums' solo around the world book at the same time, which he did in
the late1800's.  Anywho, don't have a point here to make!  Just wondered
if any of you were keeping tabs.  It's been exhilarating!  Ellen has
been averaging over 17 knots and is only 6,000 miles away from
finishing.  Truly amazing.  Click on to the Vendee Globe official web
site to check that site out and be sure to check out the videos.  They
are in monohulls and are screaming along, one even capsized and then
righted.  However the trimarand that Ellen is on doesn't have that
luxury.

Patty Johnson
#461 Timbuktu
Mobile bay in Fairhope, Al