[Public-list] Diesels

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Wed Jan 19 04:50:40 PST 2005

Lee,

There is the Yanmar 2GM20F on Ebay if you are interested. If you are looking
at a host of various diesels, I would look at the major manufactures such as
Westerbeke, Yanmar, Beta and someone has also made a marine version of the
VW motor. I do not know which block Westerbeke uses on the small motors,
they did use a Perkins 4-108 and 107 which was a sleeved block and great
motor. I would look for a diesel with a good fuel injection system, Bosch is
the leader in the industry. CAV is big in Europe but not in the US. Yanmar
uses a there own pump and injector design, the pump runs off the cam. Yanmar
injectors and pumps are expensive, $87.00 each for injectors I am replacing
the units on my Yanmar this spring, Bosch are $30 each for rebuilts and you
can buy them anywhere. Actually Yanmar uses a Bosch fluid nozzle, go figure.

Regards,
Stephen

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=452013734
1&category=50441