[Public-list] Ice in the Bilge

Todd Redhead todd.redhead at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 28 10:12:02 PST 2005

At some point in the last month the frame that was holding my tarp collapsed
and filled with water which then drained into the boat and has filled the
bilge to about 4 inches beneath the floorboards.  The batteries look like
they will be OK but what should I do to get the ice out?  I am very worried
that some expansion has happened although I don't see any damage on the hull
outside.

Should I just leave the ice there till spring?  If I pour anti freeze on top
of the ice - will it melt?

Todd
Strathgowan #400