[Public-list] Starboard bulkhead replacement

Patty J Timbuktu5555 at webtv.net
Sat Jan 29 18:20:04 PST 2005

Aaarrrggh!  My chainplate pulled through the bulkhead.  I think mostly
to do with the previous owner not calking arount the chainplate, as that
was the condition I found it in when I bought it 2 years ago.  I
religiously calked since then, but after the last big race, (20 plus
knots), not to mention Hurricane Ivan,  found out the ugly truth when I
saw that my upper shrouds were, well, you could jump rope if you wanted
to.  Went down below and, oh my goodness, what a mess.  I gotta send
y'all a picture for sure, before I replace the bulkhead.  It's a beauty
for sure!

Patty
Timbuktu #461