[Public-list] Temp repower with outboard

REDDERHS at aol.com REDDERHS at aol.com
Mon Jan 31 08:38:12 PST 2005

Paul,
When I purchased my boat it had an Atomic 4 that had a hole in the  head on
the number one cylinder and a cracked block. I repowered  my A30 with an
outboard and bracket and was very disappointed. In forward  it would push at nearly
hull speed however you have no reverse. I  just never felt I had contol when
under power. I even made the suggested  adjustments to the prop but with no
success. I spent about $1800.00 by  the time it was all said and done. I used it
for one season then  removed it and repowered with a Beta which I can't say
enough good things about  that little diesel. I sold the outboard and controls
and put that money toward  the inboard. I hope this helps in your decision
making.
Allen
A30 # 520 "Thunder"