[Public-list] Stainless Machine screws into Aluminum Masts

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 7 05:32:25 PST 2005

Jon,
Good luck with finishing the Alberg 30 restoration.  I hope you bought her reasonably so that you can afford to put her back together without going bankrupt!  I also thank those who contributed as I learned some things myself on this issue.  Gord, thanks for the rigging Catalogues, I got them last week.
Michael
Michael

"Budington, Jonathan" <jon at globalprintinginc.com> wrote:
Thanks to all for the information. The bad news is that the boat is in
Chicago until the end of February, so I won't be able to work on it until
the Spring. I don't know why the previous owner painted the mast - I assume
to make it look pretty. When I boat the boat, It was in the middle of a
restoration - new paint, wiring, gages and rigging. The mast came back
without the sail track from the rigger. I called him myself to get the old
track back to figure out where the holes were. I will call again to see
what he used to fill them. I wish this had shown up on my survey report,
but I probably would have bought the boat anyway.

Let the bankruptcy begin.

Jon