[Public-list] vented loop

5thseason at canada.com 5thseason at canada.com
Fri Jan 14 07:27:50 PST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:59:07 -0500, Gordon Laco wrote:

> My 1969 vintage A30 vents the holding tank up through
the cabin roof at the base of the mast and with a small
flex hose into the base of the mast, with this setup I
have no odors at all.  My water inlet flush line has a
vent loop inside the cabin and since this only acts as
a siphon break has no odor thus can be left iside the
boat
John Boor
MAHSEER
> We put a new head and holding tank in the boat last
> spring... We ran the
> intake water line (flush water) in a loop up and down
> the forward bulkhead
> of the head. The 'vented loop portion went at the apex
> of that.
>

> >> When connecting the vented loop to the outside of
> the boat - if there is
> >> a best place to vent it, where is it? if there is
no