[Public-list] careening ship

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Jan 19 13:31:08 PST 2005

Yes, I would worry about point loading on the hull.  Holding the weight
of the boat on the keel, is one thing.  Holding it on a relatively small
portion of the upper hull, is quite another.

I would suggest dropping the boat in a swimming pool and heeling her over.

  - George

P.S. I presume the mast is down and the dinghy is not tied to the stern.

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                                             'The Middle' by Ogden Nash