[Public-list] careening ship

RWLIDDICK at aol.com RWLIDDICK at aol.com
Wed Jan 19 14:26:00 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/19/2005 5:03:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sail_505 at hotmail.com writes:

Okay -  but from time-to-time you can jump in with a little history. We could
all  use a little education.

Mike  Lehman

I'm just thinking of all the sailboats boats I saw in which were sitting on
their keels and leaning against a stone or brick jetty after the 12' tide went
 out.  It appeared to be standard practice.
As for Capt. Smithers, I think you all are making that up.  But, what  the
heck, it's a cold, snowy day and it's a good story.  Thirteen  mistresses?  No
wonder he dropped dead.  It wasn't the loss of the  port.  Roberta