[Public-list] Bottom Job

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Thu Jan 20 11:56:26 PST 2005

Here is a page from MAS epoxy on Blisters & Barrier Coating.
http://www.masepoxies.com/blisterandbarrier.htm

The general consensus is that epoxy is 2,000 times better adherence to
anything compared to polyester.

The old resins were not as good at curing and even today do not have the
same quality of bond that epoxy does. Epoxy should prevent that which was
allowed by the old gelcoats/polyester finishes. Hence an Interlux 2000
barrier coat should do fine.

However regular haulouts and a 10 year check are worth while.

--
C.B. Currier
Infinity #57