[Public-list] CNG

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sun Jan 23 10:13:06 PST 2005

Andrew M Shaw wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>                 I am rebuilding my galley and am looking towards CNG as
> my fuel source. Now I know there are a lot of propane fans out there,
> especially those of you who travel great distances where availability is
> an issue, but I would appreciate anyone's input on this.

Andy, I don't have experience with CNG, but I do want to caution you
that, while it is lighter than air, it is every bit as dangerous as
propane.  I hear too many people make the assumption that it is safe.  A
friend of mine told me a story about a boat he was on where the CNG
leaked an pooled under the cabintop.  If he had not noticed it before
there was a spark, it could have been a disaster.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                                             'The Middle' by Ogden Nash