[Public-list] Auto-pilots

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Wed Jan 26 10:43:51 PST 2005

response and greater power delivered to the helm when compared to a similar
sized Autohelm. I have found Simrad's performance to be superior - but like
all electronics - it is not perfect. Better handles downwind quartering
seas - can be kept on for longer wind/wave threshold. It's auto tack feature
is inferior to Autohelm's but beyond that the rest of the performance is
better than AH's.

Hope this is a help,
Cheers,
John