[Public-list] 5200 between planks

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Jan 26 14:13:30 PST 2005

Hi there -

Have I mentioned that I used to have a wooden boat (that I claim to miss)?
I think the best thing about having 'had' a wooden boat is that it allows
one to get up on a stump about 'how I used to do it' without any risk
whatsoever that you will be caught and embarrassed cutting corners...because
of course one is not 'doing' it anymore.

So

I used to use Sikaflex between planks in situations like you are describing
because while it seemed to adhere as well as 5200, it was possible
dis-assemble things afterwards if you ever wanted to.   Tools seemed easier
to clean too.

A good compound like either 5200 or Sikaflex is better than gluing because
it will allow the inevitable movement to occur without cracks or releases
developing.

There is my speech for the time being.

Gord #426 Surprise