[Public-list] trailer for alberg 30

J. Brown scuttle1 at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 27 14:01:34 PST 2005

This was the cost that resulted in me buying my own trailer just for the
Alberg. Cranes are very expensive when you have to pay up to a hundred
dollars an hour plus travel time. Makes the marina cranes look like a good
deal (which they are). With the boat on it's own trailer it is much easier
to park it somewhere to work on it, other than the marina that is. Of
course an Alberg 30 isn't exactly a trailerable day sailer. LOL

I think it would be cheaper and certainly easier to have a boat mover do
moves between Marinas and a sail boat trailer for transport to and from
other places like one's residence.

Of course you don't have to use a crane but all the other methods I looked
at for loading and unloading took more time and in some cases as much or
more money unless you had access to large timbers.

jb