[Public-list] Ice in the Bilge

Todd Redhead todd.redhead at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 29 06:36:17 PST 2005

I used electrical conduit - made into hoops pushed into the stanchon
sockets.  This unfortunately, only gave me 3 hoops which were not enough for
the heavy snow.  What I plan to do is add at least 3 more hoops to the 3
that are there to provide more support.  What actually happened was the tarp
collapsed into the cockpit area - then when it rained or melted the water
found some way in - I think around the locker lids.  There was no problem
the first couple of heavy snows that we had before Christmas so I was not
worried about it and was not checking the boat as regularliy.  Now I know!

Todd