[Public-list] A-30 Tiller head

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Mon Jan 31 06:37:57 PST 2005

that had been done on my boat and it sounds like a good idea to continue
that practice. the "ears" on mine are quite worn. It may be the case
that with the new parts from Edson, all will be tight again.Thanks.

Dan Sternglass wrote:
> The attachment is rock solid now... The weak pint is there the forked

> end casting onthe wood tiller attaches to the tiller head. I have
this
> shimmes with several thin stainless washers, which has helped, but
it's
> beginning to develop some play at that point again.

I suggest putting a bushing between those "ears" on the tiller head.
It
seems to me that, instead of the casting on the tiller bending outward,

these bend inward.

   When I remember bygone days                         George
Dinwiddie
   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org

   So many I love were not yet born.
                                             'The Middle' by Ogden