[Public-list] Re: battery chargers

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Mon Jan 3 05:15:04 PST 2005

My understanding is that it is not AC current that causes electrolysis, it
is DC current, and it is line of sight when voltage and metal are in same
electrolyte (saltwater)-so most any boat in your marina can be attacking
your zinc if improperly grounded. If it's not attacking  zinc, it's
attacking bronze.

I guess the reversing field of AC removes ions at the same rate it puts it
back. What I want to know, is where does all that metal go? there must be
some awful big nodules of it somewhere by now.

Michael Grosh